- First off, congratulations are in order for Quiz Night With Katie, who recently hosted her 200th quiz! It is one of my favourites, and at this point probably the longest-running quiz in town. May she host 200 more.
- Following up on the heels of their Harry Potter trivia night, The Biltmore is getting into the action with two quizzes this week: The second coming of Punk Rock Trivia, and a Game Of Thrones night, hosted by sometime–blog contributor IQ 2000.
- And speaking of IQ 2000, there's quite a bit of news coming from his direction. This Tuesday will mark the final quiz night at Mr. Brownstone. But fear not! Mr. Brownstone's is merely changing owners, and after a period of renovation, should be back with a new name and the same quiz.
- IQ 2000's Sunday night gig at Rowan's Roof has shifted venues, and you can now catch his impeccable slideshow at The King's Head in Kits.
- I got the chance to go to the Portside's quiz, and I'll hopefully have a review up in the next few weeks.
- Finally: Once again, I wrangled up a team of friends to head to Geek Bowl, North America's largest pub quiz. Geek Bowl IX was held in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and was once again an excellent time. It was a white knuckle ride featuring the Dan Band, a Dance Round (!), and more beer than normal. In the end, we cracked the top 10, and came in ninth place out of 140 of the top quiz teams in North America. Don't believe me? Check out the official standings. Next year, we're gunning for a podium finish!
Saturday, 21 February 2015
Happy new year, to those of you inclined to a lunar calendar! I've been quite busy lately, so I apologize for the lack of updates. The plus side is that I get to share a whole bunch of news with you today.